Monday, August 17, 2009

A bit overwhelmed...

I had another Dr. appointment today and happy to report that everything is looking good - our boys are growing.. they are measuring approx. 4 to 4 1/2 pounds each... which puts them at about 70th percentile for a single pregnancy. We are really excited that they are doing well. I started itching a little bit on my lower stomach and on my fingers so my Dr. is going to send in blood work to be done to rule out Cholestasis... this is what we think I may have had last year when our baby boy Troy died. The itching this time around is totally not where it was last time so hopefully it is just pregnancy related but if it is Cholestasis then there is treatment for that.

I have been feeling pretty good.. I am slowing down a lot more lately and started to get a bit swollen in my ankels/feet and fingers... all what I expect!!

Mike and I are a bit overwhelmed because our Dr. came in with the nurse and another Dr. that just joined the team - they all stood lined up against the wall and we discussed the birthing process... weighing out the pros and cons of a natural delivery with twins vs. a c-section with the twins... ultimately it is up to Mike and I. My Dr. will not let me go over 38 weeks so if I don't go into labor by then... I will have these babies by October 5. Now is the part of scheduling an induced labor or c-section if I don't go into labor by then... this is the hard part - it is up to Mike and I and we just don't know what to decide. I know I have time to think things over but I honestly don't think I will have an answer by my next appointment.. that is a hard decision. So we are giving this to God.. we are just going to pray that God will give us the answer that is best for the health of the babies and my health as well... honestly.. my prayer is that I go into labor on my own before 38 weeks (but not too soon!) and then we will take things from there.

So.. all-in-all... we are just SO incredibly blessed that we made it to this point... 31 weeks and counting and that the babies are doing good... God is so good and he has blessed us with SO much!!!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Yeah for 31 weeks! Praying for guidance as you consider your options and make your decisions on how to bring these little boys into the world!

Lucas and Kristin Scherkenbach said...

I'm glad to read that things continue to go well for you and for the two precious lives inside of you! Hoping you feel peace with whatever decision you choose to make.

Thanks for all your comments on our blog!