Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Proud Moment!

I have to say.. I was SO excited to marry a man that was into sports.. for me.. that is very "manly".  Mike loves football.. he played in Highschool and is a HUGE michigan fan.  I have grown to LOVE football - more so now that Brevin is officially a football player! Well... now my husband is into hunting... thankfully still very much a sports man but now he has grown to really enjoy hunting and he really enjoys hunting with my dad and his friends. 

This past weekend (Thanksgiving weekend).. Mike and my Dad went up to the Annual VanderKolk hunting weekend upnorth... hunting at my cousins tree farm.  I was SO surprised to see my mom get a call from my dad saying that Mike got one! I immediately got my phone and saw a text from Mike saying that he got one... I called him right away and he said he got a 4 point buck... his FIRST deer ever!! I was literally in tears.. I was so proud of him!! Even more proud that he shot the deer perfectly and it didn't run far at all... they found the deer right away!!  I loved hearing the excitment in his voice - such a proud moment!!  Then to top it off.. Michigan won to Ohio State that same day... I will have to say that Mike was probably having the best day ever... he is thankfully still very much my manly man!!


No comments: