Sunday, January 8, 2012

Recipe

So I am stealing this from another friends blog.. (hope you don't mind Krista)... she posted some recipes that she has made with success... so.. since I am stuck home with my foot... wheeling around on my knee walker while I heal (yeah.. i feel old)... I have had some time in the kitchen while the twins nap and have made some yummy dinners... here is one that I have now made a few times.. Mike likes it.. Brev likes it and I have made it for two friends and their families and they all loved it... so I have to share!!

Mexican Goulosh

1 pound lean hamburg
1 small onion chopped
1 packet taco seasoning
1 small can tomato paste + 2 empty cans (tomato paste can) of water
1 can corn drained
1 can black beans.. drained and rinsed
1/2 lb cooked macaroni noodles - drain but do not rinse.. need that starch to mix well
2 cups.. generous cups of shredded cheese  :o)

Brown 1 lb ground lean hamburg with one small chopped onion (drain any grease) in a large skillet pan... then add one packet of taco seasoning and stir well

In a seperate bown mix together one small can of tomato paste with two empty cans full of water... pour over Hamburg mixture and stir well... add one can of corn (drained first) and then one can of Black Beans (drained and rinsed first).. beans are optional... the recipe calls for it but I have made it without and it is just as yummy!!  Then add 1/2 lb cooked and drained (do not rinse) macaroni noodles... stir
Then add 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese... stir well till melted and then serve!!

This makes a HUGE amount so make sure you use a BIG skillet pan!!
Hope you enjoy!!

1 comment:

Krista said...

I don't mind at all! I love reading others recipes- can't wait to try this one.